Courses and Content
About Ognjen Topic
America’s #1 Ranked fighter Ognjen Topic. In the current world of finite focus, overstimulation, and sensitivity, figures such as Topic stand out among the rest. A product of a war torn environment, Ognjen’s threshold for discomfort and challenge carved the path of his career.
Ognjen is one of the select few foreign fighters to compete in the world’s highest rated shows and most prestigious arenas. Topic’s resume includes performances on commonly known shows by mainstream media such as Yokkao Opponent: Saenchai, Lion Fight, Muay Thai Grand Prix, Triumph Madison Square Garden, all while simultaneously traveling to Thailand in the pursuit of becoming a stadium champion; competing in the sport’s mecca - the prestigious stadiums of Lumpinee, Rajadamnern, and MAX Muay Thai.
Worldwide recognition has come due to Ognjen’s relentless display of technically sound, tricky, but traditional and raw Thai Boxing utilized in victories over Thai and Western champions alike. Having trained alongside stadium champions for the past 10 years, in a top 10 ranked gym in Thailand, Ognjen’s pursuit is far from over. His relentlessness was bred into him from his early childhood, fleeing in the middle of the night from Bosnia to reach safety in Serbia before immigrating to the United States at the age of 9, modeling after his father’s creation of opportunity, but pursuing his passion for fighting in anarchy to his family’s wishes. The chapters of his story are only in the stage of commencement. European Born, Thailand Bred, American Freed to live and tell the tale.
* Ranked No. 1 in the USA (Super Feather Weight Division)
* WKA North American Champion (Lightweight Division)
* WBC North American Champion (Super Feather Weight Division)
* IKF World Champion (Lightweight Division)
* Muay Thai Grand Prix World Champion (Lightweight Division)
* Former Lion Fight World Champion (LightWeight Division)
* Voted 2011 North American professional rookie of the year by Muay Thai Authority.
* Voted 2011 professional fighter of the month by the WKA (World Kickboxing Association)
* Voted 2011 Break through fighter of the year by Muay Thai is Life website
* Awarded New Jersey Martial Arts Hall of Fame 2012 Fighter of the Year
* Awarded most “Fight of the Night” by Friday Night Fights in its history.